Monday, January 21, 2013

this is LOVE

Happy New Year Everyone! I am so behind on uploading projects to my blog! The last few weeks have been so busy and I am still lazying around after the holidays :) I hope you are all having a good January!

The color palette this time was a set of warm colors. Cinnamon and Saffron shades! This is what I came up with the colors! I did a ton of sewing and finally used enamel dots from my stash!




I wanted to add a lot of journaling on this layout. I decided to use one of the cut files from Silhouette Store for the journaling and tucket it behind the photo with an arrow pull tab! Lots of times, I stitch on single layers and then attach them with pop dots to create layers. It helps keep my thread from getting tangled and I still get the same look!




I also made a banner to add under the pic. I added a layer of vellum on the banner to soften the chevron banner. It was very distracting and it was taking away from the photo. I wanted to keep the focus on the photo.


I wish I had posted this earlier! Unfortunately this color challenge is now closed! I am sorry :( This layout was based on the below color palette and sketch! 




Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing from you. Please connect me to your blogs as well, so I can get inspired! There are two challenges running on Color Me Scrappy currently ! Go check them out and use them as prompts for your next layout! Have a good day!

4 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your page so much, Viji! Your take on this color scheme ROCKS, my friend!!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colors and great layout!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! LOVE all the scrumptious layers here, girl! And those vellum pennants are right up my alley! LOVE 'em!

Nirupama said...

I love how you keep the focus on the photo but manage to add so many amazing details. The vellum stitched banner is really cool. I love your style.